Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New Pottery : Lidded Urns & Wine Goblet Trees









It's very hard to work in the studio when your husband is at home. After 26 years of marraige and raising children while he worked 60+ hours a week, we have found ourselves at home together much of the last three months. It makes it very difficult to work when I could be spending time with him (not to mention my studio shares space with his and quiet isn't possible when saws and planers are running). Fortunately, he had time to create some beautiful pieces for our garden and our son and daughter-in-law's new garden, as well as gorgeous cabinetry for the media room. And we got to spend some time hiking with our daughter in the mountains. Not a bad trade-off!

So, here I am, after nearly three months, unloading a kiln full of new pieces, and there is another kiln soon to be fired full of special orders. I think the "break" did wonders for my perspective and I can't wait until the next firing because I love the pieces now drying in the studio.

These new Mossy Bark pieces, along with a new Misty Forest grouping, will be available at GG's Gallery and Gifts in Statesville. Visit us there this Friday night, March 13th from 5:00 until 9:00, for the first Gallery Crawl of the 2009 Arts Season.

No comments: