Saturday, September 5, 2009

Pottery Grape Leaf Series...

I haven't posted in a long while, things have been very hectic here. Between illnesses and the backlog of orders once we returned from vacation, we haven't had much time. So, this is the only new design that has made its way through the whole production process since we've been back. The grape vines and vineyards in Germany and France really made me appreciate what we have here so much more. And so, I've plucked leaves from our grapes and begun a new series and this is my prototype. I don't think I rubbed enough of the glaze back off the vine/handles to get the look I was going for. But, I like the matte black against the natural leaf. And, just one more kiln load to get the rest of the orders finished and then I can fire some of the matching wall pockets and hand built pieces that I've worked up for this series. All are oversized...this first piece is over 16 inches tall, and other vase forms are larger. I think I'm going to like this group!

No comments: