Monday, May 31, 2010

The End of May, and My Favorite Pottery Communion Set

May brought joys to the farm that were stifled all winter long. Green things and baby animals have brightened the month beyond belief. There wasn't a table that lacked eggs, greens, herbs, asparagus, onions, snow peas and the like. The last of the carrots and beets will be pulled this week, but we won't mourn them - cucumbers, tomatoes and squashes will ripen before the week is over! Spring things will be set aside as summer rushes in!
This month included a visit to my sister in Atlanta...to greet the newest member of her family and love on the family that already lives within the walls of her home. We enjoyed several mountain visits and time with Nana and Grandpa and our children as we visited them and they visited the farm.
This month also included studio time that included testing several new shapes and two new glazes...to be revealed after more use. My favorite pottery this month would be a communion set, glazed in the soft white glaze that I used on my everyday coffee mug. I tested this glaze on my favorite mug shape nearly a year ago, and in the hustle and bustle of the last year...I forgot I had gallons of this mix sitting in the studio! I love it daily, and throw it in the dishwasher and go to the studio to work, rarely thinking about it again. So, now, this set is available in my etsy shop, see it here: www.etsy.com/listing/48277014
May, is also the birth month of my baby girl. Today to be exact...May 31st. She's 20 today. No longer the parent of a teenager, both of my children are 20 something. And, I can't wish her a happy birthday until next weekend...she's in summer school in the wilderness, in an unreachable area. Hope she's enjoying the experience and the day!

No comments: