Sunday, December 28, 2008

Potter, Organic Farmer?


Okay, I can't decide.

I love my garden. I love my farm. I love my pottery wheel.

But right now, the studio is cold. My family is upstairs laughing at the Wii and working out in the exercise room. And me, well, I'm looking through seed catalogs and dreaming of Spring!

I've spent so much time immersed in pottery this year, my winter garden is nil and the chickens aren't laying and need attention. This picture is my garden in summer, and the beautiful garden shed that my husband built to keep my tender plants warm and my dirt loving fingers happy.

So, like every avid gardener, the seed catalogs that started pouring in last week have replaced the Christmas magazines. And now that new birth has occurred, I can move on to growing things! Playing in dirt in my garden and playing in clay, creating vessels, and spending time with The Potter growing the truly important things in life.

No comments: